Friday, November 26, 2010

Going through airport security...

I must report that getting through airport security yesterday went much better than I'd dared hope, hijab and all! They had a line for military folks, so I zipped right through. There was one of the usual metal detectors - no issues there. The lady patted me down, but she was very professional and polite and it wasn't invasive. I felt very comfortable the whole time. The fact that she was very kind and friendly helped, too - many of the TSA agents look so cranky, it was almost odd to see a happy one. : P Then I had turkey dinner at Denny's with my friend after I arrived at my destination.

Woke up this morning to my kittens walking on me. : D So far this little vacation has been a great deal of fun. Fifteen minutes with my kittens just took away four months of stress. : ) I am much happier at this point in time.

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving with your families, lots of good food, and aren't too tuckered out from Black Friday shopping! I avoid shopping like the plague the day after Thanksgiving (partially because I'm usually finishing up my Christmas shopping at this point, not starting it), so I've been helping my friend out at her store after lunch at our favorite Indian restaurant.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't have any trouble getting through security. And you must have found that mythical airport person who is not grumpy. I didn't think they existed!

    Kitty therapy is the best.

    Hope you have a good vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete