Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ramadan.

A belated Ramadan mabrook (or kareem, if you prefer) and assalam aleikum, everyone.

I made it home safely, alhamdilullah. I'm enjoying a quiet life of staying home with my cats and working at my friend's book store. I have to look for a "real" job soon.

Ramadan started four days ago. I nearly made the first day's fasting (had just 10 minutes to go), but was quite ill after working an 8 hour shift and not eating or drinking all day. Cold sweats, severe headache, the works. It actually took me an additional 30 minutes before I could eat. Since then, I've only been fasting half days (from 5:30 am until between 12:30-1:00 PM (since I've been going to work at 1 and getting off at 7). I think that, if I slowly lengthen the amount of time I fast, by the last week of Ramadan I should be able to fast all day (without the unpleasant side effects, inshallah).

I think Allah (SWT) knows that I do want to fast the whole day but that I'm not at the point where I can do it yet without making myself ill.

Did any of you have to do it segments at first?

2 comments:

  1. Assalamu Alakium waramtuallahi wabaraktu, sister! Ramadan Mubarak from Virginia (USA)! May Allah Bless you and your family and may Allah accept your fasts! Ameen.

    I'm sorry to hear fasting has been hard on you since you work hard! Insha'Allah, Allah will make it easier for you! Stay strong this Ramadan, sister! :)

    Allah Hafiz,
    Yasmeen

    My Blogs:
    http://apeacefulmuslimah.blogspot.com/
    http://carriedawaybymail.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I also left a comment on your "Native Deen" music post, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalaamu alaykum, dear sister :-)

    Fasting isn't easy if you've never done it before, but, insha'allah, Allah will make it easier on you and may He accept all your fasting. Ameen.

    What's important to always remember is that Allah knows what's in your heart and we will be judged based on our intentions.

    Salaam :-)

    ReplyDelete