Saturday, August 6, 2011

Love and diversity.

Salam aleikum, everyone. Hope you're enjoying a relaxing weekend.

I was just thinking earlier today about how awesome the diversity of religion and people are. To paraphrase the words of a favorite song of mine, the idea that God "might love you, but I'm His favorite of all" just doesn't do Him justice. I can't imagine the extent of His love, mercy, and forgiveness for all of us who love Him and strive to obey Him, whether we're Muslims, Jews, Christians, Hindus, or whatever.

I think we need to give God more credit than that. But we'll all see Him one day. If He's not the generous, forgiving, loving God that I believe in, then I don't want to serve Him. If He is, then our faith is totally justified, whatever form it may come in.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. You're back! YAY!

    I agree that people should get over that whole, 'I'm His favorite' thing. Because they're all wrong. *I'm* His favorite! :p

    But seriously. I think a huge part of the problem is that the monotheistic religions all claim to be 'the one'. So they automatically exclude the other faiths from being correct, leading people more and more into the idea that they're better than those who don't believe as they do.

    ReplyDelete