1) Are you a convert or born Muslim? How about your parents?
I'm a convert (converted in April 2011, alhamdilullah). My mom is a practicing Christian, my dad is not a practicing Christian, but practicing Pentecostal -- these are two separate things in my family. If you knew them, you'd understand why. X/
2) What's your ethnicity and how did it relate to how you were raised?
I'm white, lol. Irish or Scottish and German on paternal side, I think, and Southern of English descent on the maternal side. :)
3) Where are you from, and if not the Middle East, have you been there? For how long and why?
I'm from the South in the US. If being deployed in Afghanistan counts, then yes, I've been to the Middle East.
4) What's your favorite Arab/Middle Eastern dish?
Hummus and pita bread, and chicken shawarma is a huge favorite.
5) What's the most interesting or funny Islam/Arab related saying you use day to day?
I don't really use anything on a daily basis except perhaps for "salam aleikum".
6) What's the most attractive and unattractive thing you find toward a Muslim or Arab man/woman?
I like open-minded people who respect others' free will and individuality. I loathe people who expect me to act like some wilting flower just because I'm Muslim. I have a big mouth, plenty of opinions, and don't appreciate control freaks.
7) What's the thing you love most about Islam? What do you dislike the most?
I love the Qur'an and the new understanding it has given me of Allah. It answered so many questions for me that the Bible just didn't. I don't like the hadith, the way some people put Prophet Muhammad on a pedestal and nearly worship him, or the insistence in reciting the Qur'an in Arabic instead of reading it in your native language.
8) What's the most interesting/embarrassing/funny thing in your house that's related to Islam or Arab culture, excluding the Quran?
Ummm... I have two shelves of books about Islam and the Qur'an, and I have a little wall hanging with the shahada/kalima -- wish I had one that just said "La illaha il Allah" and left off the rest.
9) Do you speak Arabic? If you do, then say something.
Only the most basic stuff: the salams, inshaAllah, mashAllah.
10) Name of all the Islamic Prophets you can remember at the top of your head. No Cheating!!
Adam, Jesus/Isa, Abraham, Noah, Muhammad, Lot, Ishmael (was he a prophet?).... Wow, I can't think of any more! I fail, lol!
Feel free to copy and fill out yourself!