Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sooo cute!

I was out and about today, doing some of my favorite things: lunch with a friend, shopping for books, stopping by the Goodwill. While doing so, I found the cutest thing:



Prayer Dress Fulla! I've been wanting a Fulla doll for a while. This is the official New Boy product. Something like this would probably go for at least $30 on eBay (not including shipping).

I got it for $5.99. Score!

While browsing on the Net, I found this:



It's a Fulla prayer set, complete with prayer rug (not shown), two-piece prayer outfit for girls 6-12 years old, and a bag to hold it all. It goes for $59.99 on www.muslimtoysanddolls.com, a U.S.-based website. Yeah, I'm not Muslim and never will be, but holy moly! It's soooo cute that I want one! But, I digress.

I also got a Hello Kitty lamp and a Hello Kitty waste basket ($4.99 and $2.99, respectively). Today was an awesome day for thrift store finds. : D

On another random note: this is epic cool. Who wouldn't want to live here? :



It's a Hello Kitty HOUSE!

9 comments:

  1. I WANT THAT HOUSE!

    The Fulla dolls are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! I really want the morning and night prayers Fulla dolls, and I like the Fulla Style dolls, too. They're so expensive to buy in the U.S. Did you see the prices on that Muslim toy website? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always see if I can find them around here for cheaper...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very cute! Wow, you did get some good deals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to get Layla a fulla doll. I can just hear her saying "doll, hijab"

    ReplyDelete
  6. *raises hand* I would never live in that house.

    On the other hand, I would definitely live in a Star Trek house. So...I try not to judge. :)

    Just imagine trying to *sell* that house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even in Egypt, the Fulla dolls are not that cheap. They have cheap versions though and I got some for my niece. To make her see other cultures and religions so I explained it to her a little. She had her inside clothes, and an outergarment and hijab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. seems like you are so curious about the life of Islam??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous: I've studied a lot over the last 9 months to a year, attended the mosque a few times (where the other niqabis promptly disparaged me for wearing niqab as a non-Muslim), talked to people, and studied some more. Ultimately rejected Islam as the true religion For ME, because I don't believe and will never believe some of the basic tenets of it.

    ReplyDelete